The Voorhees Breakfast Rotary Club conducts and/or participates in various service projects, both locally and internationally, every year. International efforts include ongoing support of an orphanage in Santo Domingo; support of Rotary International's initiative to eradicate polio; and the implementation of clean water projects in developing countries.
Locally, members of the Voorhees Breakfast Rotary Club:
- Provide food baskets and gift certificates to our neighbors in need during the holidays.
- Support Interact Clubs at Voorhees Middle School and Eastern High School.
- Sponsor two local high school students to attend the Rotary Youth Leadership Program each year.
- Provide donations to other non-profits in the tri-county area, as the need arises.
- Award college scholarship money to two local high school students annually.
- Provide dictionaries to students in the Voorhees School District.
Distribute and read Josh the Otter water safety and awareness story books to children in kindergarten
and first grade.
- Provide food and volunteers to serve meals to families staying at the Ronald McDonald House in Camden.
- Volunteer to serve meals to those in need at the Cathedral Kitchen in Camden.
- Volunteer and provide refreshments during Voorhees Township community events.
Raise funds for national and international relief efforts for victims of devastating natural disasters including hurricanes, earthquakes and tsunamis.
- Sponsor and coordinate the Voorhees Township Spring Egg Hunt which is attended by over 200 children annually.
- Formally recognize a local citizen, businessperson, first responder and student each year for their contributions to the Voorhees community.
- Provide healthy snacks through the For the Kids Fund to any children in the local elementary schools who are "food insecure."